2017 Photo Contest
Native Plant Appreciation Week
This year NPSO will again host a photo contest in order to select images for the 2017 Oregon
Native Plant Appreciation Week poster. Native Plant Appreciation Week is co-sponsored by NPSO and the Bureau of Land Management.
The contest is open to everyone. Photos should showcase an Oregon plant community or a portrait of an Oregon native plant. Photos may have been taken at any time but must have been taken in Oregon.
How to take part:
- Entries must be submitted online on the NPSO Photo Gallery, in the album titled "2017 NPAW Photo Contest."
- Two entries maximum per person.
- Entry deadline is December 15, 2016.
- Photos will be rated and selected by the poster committee based on subject matter, composition,
, and technical excellence. The poster designer has sole discretion of not using an image should it
not work into the overall layout or is deemed to not be of good enough quality.
- When submitting images to the gallery, please fill in the Caption field with as much information as you can provide about the photo, e.g.:
- Photographer name (required)
- Species or other description (required)
- Common name
- Location (required)
- The sample image in the album shows what is wanted.
- Please give each photo a descriptive name (such as dodecatheon_pulchellum)before uploading.
- Please keep photo filename less than 128 characters.
- Please note that the gallery currently has a bug for creating new accounts. Please contact the webmaster if you would like an account.
- For any problem submitting photos, contact the webmaster.
For each photo submitted, send an email to Judi Sanders, giving the information in the Caption field, as well as the name of the photo as it it listed in the album. Please also include your email address, home address, and phone number.
Initial judging will be from preview-size digital images, but the selected photographer(s) must be able to provide a high-resolution and prefarably unedited image (at least 300 dpi) version of the image and must allow NPSO to reproduce the image free of charge for our poster, website, and related publicity material.
Questions can be emailed to Judi Sanders.